Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fantasy Football 2009: Week 1

Urrrgh. While football season is off to a good start around here - UT sitting at 2-0 going into the Tech game, OU and Oklahoma State already stumbling, Cowboys with the road win - the fantasy football season is off to a rough start.

My one money league team is already got me worried after one week. The Hanging Chads only posted the sixth best point total for the week en route to a 119 - 96 loss. My third pick selection of LaDanian Tomlinson is not looking so hot, with Darren Sproles already soaking up a lot of touches. You know it's not good when my two leading RB scorers were my RB3 and RB4 (Julius Jones and Tim Hightower).

The biggest issue, though, is the injury to Donovan McNabb. He wasn't looking horrible (no yards but three TDs) before his injury, but with him being out for some unknown amount of time, I'm now down to Jason Campbell. Off to the waiver wires, although my next game is against the low scorer for week one.

Elsewhere, my Yahoo! 14-team league also posted a loss, and the third-worst point total. What a disaster - I have Darren McFadden and Michael Bush, and it appears they will be splitting the rock (and the points). Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson means I need better numbers from the Texans than they showed against the J-E-T-S.

As for my two generic public league teams, the NFL.com team won by 104-57 behind the monster day from Adrian Peterson. Even a zero from Anthony Gonzalez (another injury) didn't make a difference. My FoxSports team lost by 123 - 109, mostly thanks to a six-touchdown performance by Drew Brees.

So, only 1-3 in Week 1, and the Money League team is already on the downslope. Not a good start.

No comments: