Sunday, August 24, 2008

Money League Draft

Just finished the draft for my fantasy football money league. Picking from the 10 slot in a 12-team, PPR league. Lineup is QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-RB/WR-D-K.

QB - Jay Cutler (8.03), Vince Young (10.03)
RB - Marshawn Lynch (1.10), Thomas Jones (4.03), Kevin Smith (6.03), Justin Fargas (9.10), Ahmad Bradshaw (11.10)
WR - Andre Johnson (2.03), Wes Welker (3.10), Santana Moss (7.10), Justin Gage (12.03)
TE - Tony Gonzalez (5.10), Randy McMichael (15.10)
D - Indianapolis (13.10)
K - Mason Crosby (14.03)

I went RB-WR-WR to start, which is not my normal pattern at all. But the projections I was using had a group of running backs that could be had a bit cheaper, so I went ahead and grabbed Welker in the 3rd. The result is that I have a whole bunch of backs with pretty good projections and relatively cheap prices, but not a lot of real game-breaker types. I may have a delimma this year in deciding on any given week between Thomas Jones, Kevin Smith and Justin Fargas. Or maybe one or more of them will bust, and my problem will be solved.

I had targetted Jay Cutler as my QB1; he's getting a lot of good buzz, but still isn't being picked particular early. Getting him in the eighth round is a steal, I think. And I panicked a bit on Gonzalez, but I didn't want to get left out of the possible elite TEs, especially in a TE-required PPR league. I think he was the fourth TE taken, and four is really all there was worth spending a good pick on.

I'll have to run a few numbers now, and I haven't had a chance to look at any other rosters yet to see how things compare. I don't feel like I made any big mistakes, but I don't think I really made any picks other than Cutler that would really pull me ahead. So this may still end up being a relatively long year for this squad.

On the other hand.......IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON, BABY!!!!!

No comments: