Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Movie Review: Lucky Number Slevin

I'm gonna say the same thing any man with two penises says when his tailor asks him if he dresses to the right or left.
What?
Yes.


It may very well be that the last hour of Lucky Number Slevin is the greatest single example of motion picture artistry ever committed to film, that it solves world hunger, brings peace to all who gaze upon. So fine, it even makes the Obamassiah go "damn!".

I'll never know. Because the first hour of that film is so full of itself, so cutesy, so Tarantino-wannabee that I could barely stand to pull my way through it. And once our "hero", Josh Hartnett, playing a character that should have been killed on principle at least four times in the film just for being a smug asshole, speaks the above quote...

I clicked over to anything else. One star.

No comments: