Friday, August 17, 2007

Suite Embrace of Death

I've got the new iWork demo, but haven't looked at it yet. However, the release of Numbers has apparently prompted the final killing of the zombie program AppleWorks. I don't know if I would consider it a "great app" anymore (it hasn't been meaningfully updated in about eight years), but its notion of dropping in spreadsheet table objects in the middle of word processing documents (for example) was a bit ahead of its time. And it was generally enough functionality for home use. Of course, now I could probably get by with what is found in Google Docs.

But the real question is...

Will iWork import all my old Claris Resolve and MacWrite Pro documents?


----------------
Listening to: Widespread Panic - Driving Song

via FoxyTunes

No comments: