Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Real Revenge Of The Pink Panther

The Pink Panther (the remake, not the original) was one of the worst movies I saw last year. And now, via CHUD, we get the teaser trailer for the sequel. Because everyone in the movie world is eagerly awaiting just a glimpse of the new Inspector - in about eight months.

It is, frankly, embarrassing for Steve Martin. The accent has gotten even worse. The "acting" even more broad. I'm already imaging this being directed by Harold Zoid, rather than someone named Harald Zwart (who's greatest claim to fame so far seems to be Agent Cody Banks).

And - my God - not only has Jean Reno decided to show up for a paycheck again, but they seem to have roped in Andy Garcia, Alfred Molina and - sigh - John Cleese to also make appearances.

I just don't get it. Why do actors - with, you know, actual talent and a history of great performances - do crap like this? Stuff that can't possibly work?

Yeah, I know, I know - piles of money.

No comments: