Thursday, April 30, 2009

Can My PS3 Get Lost Now?

Engadget reports that Disney is now (or will soon be) part of Hulu. While I'm not overly happy about some of the Hulu shenanigans relating to controlling who can see what when, I am hopeful that this will allow my Playstation 3 to stream ABC programs.

Well, OK - actually, just the one ABC program I happen to watch - Lost.

As I mentioned previously, ABC's own streaming seems to be unhappy with the Playstation 3 browser, insisting that I get an approved browser instead. I haven't looked into it much, but I'd be very surprised if there were any technical reason they couldn't have streamed the content to my Flash-enabled PS3 browser just as easily as any other one. But since they decided to be anal about things, I turned to the torrent-o-sphere to get my missing Lost dosage instead, and ABC lost out on whatever meager revenue that might have received from embedded ads or whatnot.

Hopefully, ABC will move content over to the more PS3-friendly Hulu, and leave it in some format that I can use.

And hopefully, Hulu won't keep screwing around with its access policy, either.

No comments: