Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Think I'll Stay Home

Via News 8 Austin:

Highland Mall will close at 2 p.m. Saturday.

The mall’s general manager issued a statement Thursday saying the mall does not have the necessary security to manage the large crowds expected this weekend with the Texas Relays in town.

In addition, the release stated the closure is because “the safety and security of shoppers and retailers is top priority.”

Ummm....what?

The crowds are too big for the mall to handle - during a track meet?

Yes, yes, I know - the Texas Relays are a big deal. Lots of people in town. But still, I don't remember Highland Mall closing down during, say, the day after Thanksgiving, or the weekend before Christmas. Surely they have more shoppers then than they would during the Texas Relays?

I wonder what the rationale could possibly be....something about this particular crowd?

No comments: