Monday, December 14, 2009

Bah, Humbug

Been trying to listen to "Majic 95.5" Christmas music. Unfortunately, they have about one day's worth of music, so getting the repeats over and over again is causing some of the "majic" to go away.

Anyway, I've about decided that my three least favorite Christmas songs are:

3. John Lennon and Yoko Ono, "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)" : Yeah, this is what I want to hear for Christmas - the screeching voice of Yoko informing me that war is over, if I want it. Hmmm, what about the other guys - do they want it too?

2. Bruce Springsteen, "Merry Christmas Baby" : Mostly because I just really hate Springsteen, and this version is done up as so much a prototypical Springsteen number, it's practically a parody.

1. The Beach Boys, "Little Saint Nick" : Primarily for the worst line in a Christmas song - "Christmas comes this time each year". Oh, really? You mean in late December? Genius.

No comments: