Wednesday, March 21, 2007

If You Can Read This...

Instapundit links to a post from Dr. Helen commenting on bumper stickers and what they say about a driver. I'm sure this partially comes about from living in the People's Republic of Austin, but whenever I see more than two stickers on a car, invariably it is a liberal's car, seeking to enlighten me. Especially the stickers with white text on a black background. "If you aren't completely appalled, you aren't paying attention." "Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot." "Yee-haw isn't a foreign policy."

Wow, you've completely changed my world view, there. Thanks!

I'm not sure why it is that liberals try to dispense their wisdom in 12 inch by 4 inch increments more than conservatives seem to. Again, I live in a liberal-rich environment, but even when I'm up visiting the folks in Frisco (about as "red" an area as there is this side of Utah), I don't see conservative stickers all over the cars. Of course, maybe that's because they can actually afford nice cars and don't want to mar them up with stickers.

Oh, and to the lady with the "What Would Ann Do?" sticker on her car that I saw yesterday? Right now...Ann would probably just decompose.

"Have A Nice Day."

No comments: