Wednesday, September 5, 2007

And Then There Were Four

My fourth and final fantasy football team was an autodraft team, since there wasn't time left for me to sign up for another live draft before the start of the season. I don't usually do autodrafts, but maybe I should - I didn't end up with too bad a team. I think too many of the other players just use the default settings and end up taking QBs, TEs and defenses too soon. Those who stick to a basic plan like RB-RB-WR-WR end up with much stronger teams.

I ended up with a top-10 QB, two top-10 RBs, two top-10 WRs and a decent TE (all according to projections, of course). Not bad in a 12-team league. I might poke around for a WR upgrade of Chris Chambers, but I don't think that will turn out too bad. I haven't checked the other teams yet, but this seems to be a strong line-up, and at least I get a chance to follow Jackson (I hadn't had the number 2 pick yet this year).

QB - Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Delhomme
RB - Steven Jackson, Edgerrin James, Tatum Bell
WR - Reggie Wayne, Chris Chambers, Javon Walker, Isaac Bruce
TE - Kellen Winslow, David Martin
D - Raiders, Packers
K - Olindo Mare

No comments: