Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Good Idea

Here's an idea - free-of-charge - for Time Warner, DirecTV, Dish Network. How about letting us rearrange channels in non-numeric order?

DirecTV lumps most of its national sports channels (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS, NFLN) together in the low 200's, but its regional sports channels (Fox Sports Southwest) are all up in a separate block in the 600's. So I don't usually think to browse FSSW when I'm checking out sports.

So how about letting me change the sort order of my channels to put 643 (FSSW) after 212 (NFLN)? You already let me exclude channels from my browse, and I can't imaging there's any technical reason for disallowing this. Just make it unneccessarily hard, so that some 70-year-old won't accidentally scramble up their channels.

You're welcome.

----------------
Listening to: Dave Brubeck Quartet - Three To Get Ready
via FoxyTunes

No comments: