Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Was Just Kidding

Last October, I reacted to the announcement of a new celebrity talk show moderated by professional angry liberal Lewis Black with this:

They'd have a hard time finding a show I'd be less interested in watching then yet another revival of Politically Incorrect with an angrier, trollier version of Bill Maher. Maybe if Rosie O'Donnell was a regular panel member, but that's about it.

Now comes word of an even worse upcoming crime against humanity:

Funny ladies Rosie O'Donnell (Nip/Tuck) and Fran Drescher (The Nanny) are working together on creating a new "fun, happy, family comedy" for TV. On Rosie's website, Fran and Rosie teamed up on camera to talk -- primarily about Fran's "cancer schmancer" campaign for public awareness -- but at the end, Rosie and Fran revealed a sitcom they are planning in which they'll star together.

Good lord. I just purchased a new subwoofer for my stereo system, and my HDTV purchase is still awaiting just the right deal to come down the road. I'd hate to think what even my modest setup would endure dealing with a Rosie/Fran team-up....

I'm sorry - I can't even continue this post. I'm going to be sick just thinking about it.

No comments: