Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Signs Of Summer

Well, with the passing of the NFL Draft, the predictable slide of the Mavericks in the playoffs, and the Texas Rangers already being mathematically eliminated from post-season play, it must be getting close to summer.

And based on this list of films coming out, I might actually have to see a few.

Let's see, what's on the list that I'm looking forward to?

The Forbidden Kingdom - Not surprising given my past fandom of Jackie Chan, so it's good to see one of his films getting positive word-of-mouth, and not just from his existing fans.

Iron Man - This one was mildly on the radar, but seems to be getting all good buzz, so I'll probably be talked into seeing it.

WallE - for sure. I don't know that this will be as big as the list's author thinks, but it sure would be great if it did.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Man, I hope this works out. Harrison Ford hasn't been on the national radar in years.

The Dark Knight - The trailers for this absolutely rock, and I hope that all of the focus on the Joker means that Two-Face will hit us all with a surprise left hook.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - The first movie was pleasant enough, but didn't really blow me away. The buzz is stronger around the sequel, though.

That's a few more movies than I'm usually interested in plunking down real money to see.

No comments: