Monday, November 10, 2008

Fantasy Football: Week 10 Recap

Well, there are some weeks it all comes together. I posted earlier about the night that Jay Cutler had last Thursday. The trend continued up and down my roster. With Monday night still to go, I started Jay Cutler (QB #1 for the week), Thomas Jones (RB #2), Kevin Smith (RB #12), Wes Welker (WR #4), Tony Gonzalez (TE #1) and the Carolina defense (D #2). About the only dud on the roster was first-round pick Marshawn Lynch, who at RB17 for the season is underperforming more than a bit.

Add it all up and you get a 199.56 - 73.48 drubbing of my previous co-leader on top of my money league. This brings the mighty Chads up to 9-1, the highest point total in the league by about one-hundred points, a clinched playoff spot, and most importantly, nearing a clinch of a bye week in the playoffs. I think one more win ought to do it for me.

My other teams continued their meandering ways. My ESPN team needs some help from Larry Fitzgerald to pull out a win and avoid dropping to 6-4 on the season. Winning the division is pretty much out of the picture at this point, but if we don't get this victory, even reaching the playoffs may be a stretch.

Meanwhile, my hapless Fox Sports team reaped the Jay Cutler whirlwind and is cruising to a 138 - 67 win. Mostly on the back of Cutler, this team has managed to crawl up to a 5-5 record, just enough to land one game out of the playoffs with three games left to play. It could still happen.

My Suicide Points league lead, which seemed pretty secure for the last few weeks, has now disappeared in the wake of the New York Jets 44-point drubbing of the Rams. The Chargers could only manage a one-point win over the Chiefs, so now I find myself going from a twenty-six point lead to trailing by seventeen points in a single week.

Oh well, can't win them all. As long as the Chads keep rolling, I don't really care about the rest.

No comments: