Friday, May 4, 2007

Either She's Rich Or He's Dumb

I'm used to seeing the proud members of the "reality-based community" here in Austin express their limited understanding of the world in bumper-sticker-sized chunks. It is, of course, a demostrated fact that almost always, when you see a car with more than two stickers on it, the car will be that of a liberal. I'm not sure why that is - maybe conservatives drive nicer cars and don't want them marred with sticker residue.

At any rate, today I saw a guy driving a Volvo. OK - not a great start for him, but upon seeing the vast array of idiocy adorning the hatchback, I knew I was in the presence of something special:

First, "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war." Not one of Einstein's better moments.
Second, "What would Buddha do?" Ummm...get his ass kicked by Muhammad?
Third, "Stewart/Colbert '08" Ah, the sign of someone who thinks Jed Bartlett actually was president.

And the capper, "Code Pink".

Oh, no.

This can't be a guy in a Volvo with a Code Pink sticker. It just can't. Not even in Austin - maybe Berkeley.

As I approach, I see there's a woman - girlfriend? wife? - in the passenger seat. So, this must be the explanation, right? He's just trying to impress his hot girlfriend?

Getting a look in the car....no. Nope, that theory is wrong - she looks like a typical Code Pink member.

That leaves the last two possible explanations - she's very rich or he's very dumb.

Given the condition of the beat-up Volvo they were in, I'm betting on the latter.

No comments: