Thursday, May 17, 2007

Insanity

"Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Last February, the group Responsible Growth For Northcross decided upon a brilliant strategy to stop Wal-Mart from building a Supercenter on property that the rightful owners have planned to develop in accordance with all existing city codes. Their plan: to circle Northcross Mall in a giant human chain.

Obviously, this plan worked well, because they got some concessions from Wal-Mart, which were then retracted once they turned down the concessions as "not good enough".

Since they had a little bit of time before forming their drum circles down as Pease Park, RG4N have come up with an even more cunning plan...

They are going to circle City Hall in a human chain.

Well...that ought to do it.

They also are demanding an apology, in person, from the president of Wal-Mart. Were I the president of Wal-Mart, well...I would have millions of dollars, and so I wouldn't give a flying fart what a bunch of cornflakes down in Austin demand. But if I did have a little time, I might actually fly down to Austin and meet with RG4N...so that I could get their apology to me for wasting my and everyone else's time, for not recognizing the boost my company gives to the economy of America in general and Austin in particular, and for generally working to reduce the IQ of this already common-sense-deficient city.

No comments: