Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fantasy Football: Week 3 Recap

It's good not easy to be da king.

A tight week for the Money League team, as they held off a furious Monday night surge to barely win, 106.24 to 103.42. I, like many of my fellow fantasy players, were depending on the reports of Ladanian Tomlinson's demise to be correct, thus allowing Darren Sproles to run free. However, LT2 played most of the game and grabbed both goal-line attempts for the Chargers, giving my opponent 12 points. Add in the fact that Brett Fav-ruh decided to forget that he had a running back named Thomas Jones, and things were looking bleak. Fortunately, Sproles made the most of his few touches, getting good yards both as a receiver and a return man (although those on-sides kicks by the Jets didn't help). As a result, I'm now the only 3-0 team in my league.

However, trouble looms ahead. Andre Johnson and Tony Gonzalez continue to be victims of their anemic offenses in Houston and Kansas City, respectively. Justin Fargas and Justin Gage continue to be Justin Injured. And Week 4 is my bye week disaster, with Wes Welker, Ahmad Bradshaw and Kevin Smith all taking the week off. So this week is likely to break the streak. Hopefully, Matt Schaub will either get his act together or get benched, because I need Andre Johnson to hold up his end - I can't depend on Jay Cutler and Marshawn Lynch every week.

My other leagues continued according to form. My ESPN team was the highest scoring team for the third straight week, cruising to an all too easy 128-65 win. Subbing Julius Jones (20 points) for Earnest Graham (1 point) turned out to be a great decision, and Eli Manning, Reggie Bush and Brandon Marshall continued their winning ways. 3-0 and pretty much on cruise control now.

The Fox autodraft team, on the other hand, is in some trouble. I believed the reports that LT2 would be sitting, and so I started Sproles in his place. Never again. Sproles got 7.7 points, while LT picked up 20 points for my bench. I lost by 2.5 points to fall to 1-2. Good thing this is the team I don't care about.

On to Week 4!

No comments: