Monday, July 9, 2007

Channel Of Fury

I have no idea if this is going to be a continuing thing or just a brief scheduling blip, but I was really digging Spike's little martial arts festival they were running last week. All during the day, even on weekdays, late at night, prime time, whenever - there was a chance amist all of the CSI reruns to catch some martial arts movie.

And some actual good ones - Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer, House of Flying Daggers, Hero, Legend of Drunken Master, Fist of Fury, Enter The Dragon, Iron Monkey - mixed in with some of lesser quality or renown - Heart of Dragon, The Medallion, The Legend, Twin Warriors. A lot of Jackie Chan, which of course I liked.

Yeah, most of these were the chopped-up, dubbed versions - particularly noticeable for Shaolin Soccer - but at least there's some place that's showing these kinds of movies, even if just for a little while. I'm very jealous of my brother-in-law's Dish Network HD package, which includes an entire HD martial arts movies channel - not jealous enough yet to drop DirecTV, but enough that I'm keeping it in mind for when I do get myself an HDTV set.

No comments: