Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2007 - The Year In Movies

I kept track of all the movies I saw at this message board. For 2007, it appears I saw 57 new films last year, but only 5 of them at a theater: 300, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Smokin' Aces, Spider-Man 3 and Transformers.

So what was the best new film I saw last year? Casablanca. Yep, sue me - I hadn't seen it before, and it ended up being better than anything else I saw. 300 was the best of the movies released last year.

The worst new film for me last year? There were a few horrible films to choose from, with Norbit and The Pink Panther standing out. But I'd have to say Jet Li's The Defender tops (or bottoms?) the list - it was both bad and boring, and managed to have Jet Li have no interesting fight scenes at all. Just inexcusable.

There are a few films I'll be waiting for with interest, although I'll probably end up missing most of them just like this year (still haven't seen either of the Grindhouse films, for instance). Looking ahead on the schedule, I see: Cloverfield, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Iron Man, Kung Fu Panda, Star Trek 11, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Wall-E and Bond 22. And I've probably missed a few.

But whichever films I do see, I'll keep track of them all here.

No comments: